Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Halloween 2012

While this may have been the last year that I could have dressed Josh up as whatever I wanted, I really was interested to see if he would get the concept of dressing up and what he would want to be.  While his obsession with the "mickey rocketship" episode of Mickey Mouse clubhouse made him talk about being a spaceman for a week or two, his love of baseball quickly won out.  Since this meant a costume that was 1)easy to put together and 2) could be worn again, I was sold.

Of course when the time came to get dressed for the church trunk or treating event, he was less than thrilled about putting on his baseball clothes.  The black cheek marks especially lasted all of about sixty seconds. 



Of course a little time hitting ball and running bases helped to improve his mood as usual.




By the time we made it to church he was ready to enjoy the festivities. 


After one or two cars, he had the whole trick or treat thing down



Of course then Halloween rolled around and it was in the 30's and raining and he had a horrible cold.  We debated about not taking him out trick or treating but he had been asking about it every day since the church party.  So when we asked him if he wanted to go out for candy, of course the answer was an enthusiastic yes.






And just to complete the cuteness factor, here's a video I took that day.  For a little reference he calls all small candy like M&Ms, skittles etc. "beans" after we gave him jelly beans at Easter last year.  I will keep replaying this clip of his little voice to myself probably into his fifties to help remember how little he once was.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Quote

Quote

Quote